more banana goodness
I have a problem with bananas. I love them; they’re probably the most often eaten fruit in this house, but I can never figure out the perfect amount to buy. A whole bunch? Half a bunch? More often than not I end up buying a whole bunch and letting 2-3 of the nanners become over ripe…which, just allows me to create some baked banana goodies. Hence this post and the last post.
Chewy Banana Nut Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup all purpose flour (i use whole wheat flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar( i used agave instead)
- 1/2 cup unpacked brown sugar
- 1 large egg (i was out of eggs- used 1/4C unsweetened applesauce instead)
- 1/4 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick oats 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
In a large bowl, with a mixer, cream together the butter and the sugars on medium speed.
Add the egg(or applesauce) followed by the mashed banana and vanilla extract.
Stir in the flour mixture and the oats until combined; stir in chopped walnuts.
Drop tablespoonfuls of dough onto baking sheets. Bake for about 10-12 minutes, until cookies become light brown at edges.